Friday, December 3, 2010

Taking Back Control of my LIfe

Ever since I got fibromyalgia about 5 years ago, my life has been in a steady, downward, and out-of-control spiral. I now look at my life in terms of before and after.
  • Before fibromyalgia I loved life. After fibromyalgia I do not enjoy most days.
  • Before fibromyalgia I was organized. After fibromyalgia I make it up as I go.
  • Before fibromyalgia I had a full social calendar. After fibromyalgia I take my social life one day-at -a-time.
  • Before fibromyalgia I enjoyed jewelry making. After fibromyalgia, my tools hurt my hands too much to make nicely shaped pieces.
  • Before fibromyalgia I had a clean home. After fibromyalgia my house is in disarray.
  • Before fibromyalgia I enjoyed grocery shopping and meal planning. After fibromyalgia it has become just another chore.
And this is no way to live. Not only do I need a major attitude adjustment (after all I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me), I need to take back control of my life. It is time to take the reins out of the fibro's hands and put them back where they belong. I refuse to let my fibro define me anymore, and this blog is my first step towards living again.

No comments:

Post a Comment