Friday, December 3, 2010

A Few New Rules

We all know how to eat an elephant - one bite at a time. This is also how I will regain control of my life. This week I have made 3 new rules for myself that I hope to turn into habits.
  1. Shower & get dressed everyday, regardless of how I feel. I've found that on the days I stay in my pajamas and lounge around (telling myself over and over how miserable I feel) I get a lot less accomplished than the days when I force myself to get ready head-t0-toe. Maybe it's just a fibro mind trick, but it works and is therefore a rule.
  2. No more mail piles - they are my kryptonite.
    • Bills go in the proper folder,
    • Junk either thrown away or shredded,
    • File any pieces that need filing.
  3. Put together a weekly meal plan for my family & hang it on the refrigerator. I used to be so good about this, and always knew what was for dinner first thing each morning. These days I am scrambling to throw a meal together for my family at 5:00. And anyone who has fibromyalgia or chronic fatigue knows how you feel at 5:00 - you don't feel like throwing together dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment